ISD(S)1 Data Collection
ISD(S)1 is a standard set of aggregated summary statistics on activity in hospitals and other health care settings in Scotland. Data collected includes: Available and occupied beds numbers, Inpatients and day cases treated, Outpatients and ward attenders seen, Day patient places and day patients seen, Haemodialysis patients, Patients seen by allied health professionals and other technical departments, Hospital cancellations and additions to waiting list and Nurse led outpatient activity.
Submission Dates for 2017
Monthly returns - CC1, CC2 & CC9
- 27th January (December data)
- 24th February (January data)
- 31st March (February data)
- 28th April (March data)
- 26th May (April data)
- 30th June (May data)
- 28th July (June data)
- 25th August (July data)
- 29th September (August data)
- 27th October (September data)
- 24th November (October data)
- 29th December (November data)
Quarterly returns - CC3, CC4, CC5, CC6 & CC7
- 27th January (October - December data)
- 28th April (January - March data)
- 28th July (April - June data)
- 27th October (July - September data)
All ISD(S)1 submissions are to be sent via SWIFT - DVL Processing using the link below. The steps are:
- create your data file - either csv or text
- send to ISD via SWIFT -DVL Processing (secure file transfer)
- data file is loaded and validated at ISD
- outcome of the data load is presented to you at time of loading
This is the latest version of SWIFT.
- Save to your Favourites as ISD(S)1 SWIFT Login
- Login (username and password will be provided for new users)
- Click on DVL Processing
- Browse to find your file
If your data is in a spreadsheet format use the MS Excel templates.
- Enter the data into the template
- Update the header record
- Save as a CSV (comma separated values)
Card Class 1 [23kb] - Inpatients
Card Class 2 [17kb] - Day Bed Units
Card Class 3 [17kb] - Day Patients
Card Class 4 [16kb] - Consultant Outpatients
Card Class 5 [16kb] - Ward Attenders & Bedside Consultations
Card Class 6 [16kb] - Intermittent Haemodialysis
Card Class 7 [17kb] - AHPs & Other Technical Departments
Card Class 9 [16kb] - Nurse led Activity
Please note: you must populate any blank data fields with a zero value.
This field in the header record identifies the dataset to ISD. Please use the Sending location code provided by the ISD(S)1 team.
Your data file will be validated at ISD during import to our database. Data import and validation is part of the SWIFT - DVL Processing submission. You will be presented with an online load report once the file has been processed.
Data validation at ISD is in 3 parts:
- header record - all fields must be valid including edition
- data type - as well as an alpha/numeric check, each data record is validated against the national reference files for location, specialty and facility codes
- validation rules - data logic that is specific to each card class.
Validation Rules [41kb]